For the 60th edition of our EMJ, a vocal edition, new compositions have been written by 6 Flemish composers. They all made a new contemporary piece of music that will be executed for the first time by all participating choirs during our 60th festival edition in 2012. We are grateful to Geert Van der Straeten, Kimber Bex, Jan Van der Roost, Martin Slootmaekers, Noor Sommereyns and Maarten Van Ingelgem for their contribution.
To have a first impression of these 6 new compulsory songs (for the categories A till F) we show here the first measures of each composition. The original and complete version will be sent to each choir medio December 2011 together with the confirmation of participation.
* Category A: "Who has seen the wind" of Geert Van der Straeten
* Category B: "Ave Maria, benedicta tu" of Kimber Bex
* Category C: "Soneto Amoroso" of Jan Van der Roost
* Category D: "Now is the month of maying" of Martin Slootmaekers
* Category E: "Carpe Diem" of Noor Sommereyns
* Category F: "Laus Stultitiae" of Maarten van Ingelgem