During the vocal editions, all participants need to perform a compulsory song.
- Category A1: Children's choirs up to the age of 12 years
- Category A2: Children's choirs up to the age of 14 years
- Category B: Equal-voice youth choirs
- Category C: Mixed-voice youth choirs
- Category D: Pennant series children's choirs
- Category E: Pennant series: equal-voice youth choirs
- Category F: Pennant series mixed-voice youth choirs
- Category G: Free series: vocal folklore, close harmony, vocal jazz, gospel & spiritual, pop choir, a capella ensembles, vocal ensembles with a limited instrumental accompaniment. The vocal music should prevail.
Here you can find a list of all the compulsuray songs from 1962 until now.